Jun 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
There were concerns about the depth of the Jays’ starters since before the season began. And though they haven’t been nearly as bad as some more pessimistic prognosticators prognasticated, their pitching staff is still below average in the AL while their competitive prospects — only three games out in the east — remain decent. Makes sense that they might want a starts.
As for the Cubs, we already mentioned that everything that isn’t nailed down can be had. Really: you should make them an offer. You could get Matt Garza yourself. Maybe he’s a good cook. You never know!
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)