Jun 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
There were concerns about the depth of the Jays’ starters since before the season began. And though they haven’t been nearly as bad as some more pessimistic prognosticators prognasticated, their pitching staff is still below average in the AL while their competitive prospects — only three games out in the east — remain decent. Makes sense that they might want a starts.
As for the Cubs, we already mentioned that everything that isn’t nailed down can be had. Really: you should make them an offer. You could get Matt Garza yourself. Maybe he’s a good cook. You never know!
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)