Jun 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
There were concerns about the depth of the Jays’ starters since before the season began. And though they haven’t been nearly as bad as some more pessimistic prognosticators prognasticated, their pitching staff is still below average in the AL while their competitive prospects — only three games out in the east — remain decent. Makes sense that they might want a starts.
As for the Cubs, we already mentioned that everything that isn’t nailed down can be had. Really: you should make them an offer. You could get Matt Garza yourself. Maybe he’s a good cook. You never know!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)