Jun 5, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
John Lannan is still toiling away with the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate, but he isn’t a forgotten man.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Dodgers and Rockies have had recent discussions with the Nationals about a possible trade for the left-hander. However, a deal is not considered close.
The Rockies “kicked the tires” on Lannan and were turned off by the price while talks between the Nats and Dodgers were only preliminary. And it’s easy to understand why talks have failed to progress. Rosenthal hears that the Nationals want the acquiring team to cover the remainder of Lannan’s salary for this season (a little less than $3.5 million) and give up at least one legitimate player.
It’s highly unlikely the Nationals will find a team who will meet their demands, especially with Lannan posting an ugly 5.63 ERA and 28/22 K/BB ratio over 10 starts at the Triple-A level.
UPDATE: Lannan allowed one run in a complete game victory this evening. Get on the horn, Mike Rizzo!
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)