Jun 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Dice-K last pitched in the big on May 16, 2011. He’ll next pitch in the bigs on June 9, 2012. That’s when he’ll be activated and face the Nationals.
Matsuzaka had his last tuneup last night in which he allowed one run in a short, 1 1/3 inning performance. Overall he had a 3.65 ERA and struck out 30 guys while walking nine in 37 innings while on rehab. During that time he experiencedsome pain in his trapezius muscle, but now seems to be over it.
Solid work by Matsuzaka, once considered gravy for the Red Sox, not seems pretty important to Boston remaining competitive in the tough AL East.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)