Jun 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Dice-K last pitched in the big on May 16, 2011. He’ll next pitch in the bigs on June 9, 2012. That’s when he’ll be activated and face the Nationals.
Matsuzaka had his last tuneup last night in which he allowed one run in a short, 1 1/3 inning performance. Overall he had a 3.65 ERA and struck out 30 guys while walking nine in 37 innings while on rehab. During that time he experiencedsome pain in his trapezius muscle, but now seems to be over it.
Solid work by Matsuzaka, once considered gravy for the Red Sox, not seems pretty important to Boston remaining competitive in the tough AL East.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 146
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)