Jun 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
Dice-K last pitched in the big on May 16, 2011. He’ll next pitch in the bigs on June 9, 2012. That’s when he’ll be activated and face the Nationals.
Matsuzaka had his last tuneup last night in which he allowed one run in a short, 1 1/3 inning performance. Overall he had a 3.65 ERA and struck out 30 guys while walking nine in 37 innings while on rehab. During that time he experiencedsome pain in his trapezius muscle, but now seems to be over it.
Solid work by Matsuzaka, once considered gravy for the Red Sox, not seems pretty important to Boston remaining competitive in the tough AL East.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (150)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)