Jun 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Dice-K last pitched in the big on May 16, 2011. He’ll next pitch in the bigs on June 9, 2012. That’s when he’ll be activated and face the Nationals.
Matsuzaka had his last tuneup last night in which he allowed one run in a short, 1 1/3 inning performance. Overall he had a 3.65 ERA and struck out 30 guys while walking nine in 37 innings while on rehab. During that time he experiencedsome pain in his trapezius muscle, but now seems to be over it.
Solid work by Matsuzaka, once considered gravy for the Red Sox, not seems pretty important to Boston remaining competitive in the tough AL East.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)