Jun 6, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
Good news for the suddenly-surging Angels.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, right-handed starter Jered Weaver threw extended long toss from a distance of 300 feet on Wednesday afternoon and is on pace to be activated from the 15-day disabled list as soon as he’s eligible.
Weaver was disabled on May 29 after straining his lower back. He’s allowed to return on June 13.
The 29-year-old right-hander has registered a stellar 2.61 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 69 innings this season.
The Halos have won 11 of their last 14 games and are slowly gaining on the Rangers in the AL West.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)