Jun 6, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
Good news for the suddenly-surging Angels.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, right-handed starter Jered Weaver threw extended long toss from a distance of 300 feet on Wednesday afternoon and is on pace to be activated from the 15-day disabled list as soon as he’s eligible.
Weaver was disabled on May 29 after straining his lower back. He’s allowed to return on June 13.
The 29-year-old right-hander has registered a stellar 2.61 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 69 innings this season.
The Halos have won 11 of their last 14 games and are slowly gaining on the Rangers in the AL West.
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 0
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M