Jun 6, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
Good news for the suddenly-surging Angels.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, right-handed starter Jered Weaver threw extended long toss from a distance of 300 feet on Wednesday afternoon and is on pace to be activated from the 15-day disabled list as soon as he’s eligible.
Weaver was disabled on May 29 after straining his lower back. He’s allowed to return on June 13.
The 29-year-old right-hander has registered a stellar 2.61 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 69 innings this season.
The Halos have won 11 of their last 14 games and are slowly gaining on the Rangers in the AL West.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)