Jun 6, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
Good news for the suddenly-surging Angels.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, right-handed starter Jered Weaver threw extended long toss from a distance of 300 feet on Wednesday afternoon and is on pace to be activated from the 15-day disabled list as soon as he’s eligible.
Weaver was disabled on May 29 after straining his lower back. He’s allowed to return on June 13.
The 29-year-old right-hander has registered a stellar 2.61 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 69 innings this season.
The Halos have won 11 of their last 14 games and are slowly gaining on the Rangers in the AL West.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)