Jun 6, 2012, 8:57 PM EST
Good news for the suddenly-surging Angels.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, right-handed starter Jered Weaver threw extended long toss from a distance of 300 feet on Wednesday afternoon and is on pace to be activated from the 15-day disabled list as soon as he’s eligible.
Weaver was disabled on May 29 after straining his lower back. He’s allowed to return on June 13.
The 29-year-old right-hander has registered a stellar 2.61 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 69 innings this season.
The Halos have won 11 of their last 14 games and are slowly gaining on the Rangers in the AL West.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 9
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)