Jun 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
It’s been over a month since Mariano tore his ACL while shagging fly balls. Because of a blood clot in the same leg, however, his surgery had been delayed indefinitely. But now the clot has been taken care of and his surgery is on for next Tuesday.
Rivera, who vowed “I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. … I’m not going out like this,” is out for the year, but assuming the surgery goes off without complications, he should be ready and at full speed next spring.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)