Jun 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
It’s been over a month since Mariano tore his ACL while shagging fly balls. Because of a blood clot in the same leg, however, his surgery had been delayed indefinitely. But now the clot has been taken care of and his surgery is on for next Tuesday.
Rivera, who vowed “I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. … I’m not going out like this,” is out for the year, but assuming the surgery goes off without complications, he should be ready and at full speed next spring.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 18
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 89
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 81
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)