Jun 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
It’s been over a month since Mariano tore his ACL while shagging fly balls. Because of a blood clot in the same leg, however, his surgery had been delayed indefinitely. But now the clot has been taken care of and his surgery is on for next Tuesday.
Rivera, who vowed “I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. … I’m not going out like this,” is out for the year, but assuming the surgery goes off without complications, he should be ready and at full speed next spring.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)