Jun 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
It’s been over a month since Mariano tore his ACL while shagging fly balls. Because of a blood clot in the same leg, however, his surgery had been delayed indefinitely. But now the clot has been taken care of and his surgery is on for next Tuesday.
Rivera, who vowed “I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. … I’m not going out like this,” is out for the year, but assuming the surgery goes off without complications, he should be ready and at full speed next spring.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)