Jun 6, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Moyer will report to Triple-A and join the rotation in Norfolk, which has amassed quite an amazing collection of former big leaguers. In addition to Moyer the roster also includes Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, Joel Pineiro, Nate McLouth, J.C. Romero, Lew Ford, Pat Neshek, a recently demoted Tommy Hunter, and a rehabbing Brian Roberts.
As for Moyer, he seemingly has a decent chance to work his way back to the majors if the Orioles’ need some short-term rotation help in the coming weeks, but the AL East doesn’t figure to be any kinder to his high-70s fastball than Coors Field was and he went 2-5 with a 5.70 ERA in 10 starts for the Rockies.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)