Jun 6, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Moyer will report to Triple-A and join the rotation in Norfolk, which has amassed quite an amazing collection of former big leaguers. In addition to Moyer the roster also includes Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, Joel Pineiro, Nate McLouth, J.C. Romero, Lew Ford, Pat Neshek, a recently demoted Tommy Hunter, and a rehabbing Brian Roberts.
As for Moyer, he seemingly has a decent chance to work his way back to the majors if the Orioles’ need some short-term rotation help in the coming weeks, but the AL East doesn’t figure to be any kinder to his high-70s fastball than Coors Field was and he went 2-5 with a 5.70 ERA in 10 starts for the Rockies.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)