Jun 6, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Moyer will report to Triple-A and join the rotation in Norfolk, which has amassed quite an amazing collection of former big leaguers. In addition to Moyer the roster also includes Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, Joel Pineiro, Nate McLouth, J.C. Romero, Lew Ford, Pat Neshek, a recently demoted Tommy Hunter, and a rehabbing Brian Roberts.
As for Moyer, he seemingly has a decent chance to work his way back to the majors if the Orioles’ need some short-term rotation help in the coming weeks, but the AL East doesn’t figure to be any kinder to his high-70s fastball than Coors Field was and he went 2-5 with a 5.70 ERA in 10 starts for the Rockies.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)