Jun 6, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
Moyer will report to Triple-A and join the rotation in Norfolk, which has amassed quite an amazing collection of former big leaguers. In addition to Moyer the roster also includes Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, Joel Pineiro, Nate McLouth, J.C. Romero, Lew Ford, Pat Neshek, a recently demoted Tommy Hunter, and a rehabbing Brian Roberts.
As for Moyer, he seemingly has a decent chance to work his way back to the majors if the Orioles’ need some short-term rotation help in the coming weeks, but the AL East doesn’t figure to be any kinder to his high-70s fastball than Coors Field was and he went 2-5 with a 5.70 ERA in 10 starts for the Rockies.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)