Jun 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
This is a great idea: Rob Dibble has been named the new baseball coach at Calabasas High School in California.
I can see this going well:
Kid 1: Coach, my elbow! It feels tight.
Dibble: Suck it up.
Kid 1: But it hurts really bad! Can I at least put some Icy Hot on it?
Dibble: No! What are you, some kind of pansy? Why don’t you put a feminine napkin on it. Get outta my sight.
Dibble: Hey, you come over here!
Kid 2: Yes, coach?
Dibble: Throw this ball at Kid 1. Teach him how we roll around here.
Kid 2: Yes coach. But I wanted to tell you something first. I got drafted by the Nationals yesterday! I’m goin’ to be a pro baseball player!
Dibble: You’re dead to me.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)