Jun 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
This is a great idea: Rob Dibble has been named the new baseball coach at Calabasas High School in California.
I can see this going well:
Kid 1: Coach, my elbow! It feels tight.
Dibble: Suck it up.
Kid 1: But it hurts really bad! Can I at least put some Icy Hot on it?
Dibble: No! What are you, some kind of pansy? Why don’t you put a feminine napkin on it. Get outta my sight.
Dibble: Hey, you come over here!
Kid 2: Yes, coach?
Dibble: Throw this ball at Kid 1. Teach him how we roll around here.
Kid 2: Yes coach. But I wanted to tell you something first. I got drafted by the Nationals yesterday! I’m goin’ to be a pro baseball player!
Dibble: You’re dead to me.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)