Jun 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
This is a great idea: Rob Dibble has been named the new baseball coach at Calabasas High School in California.
I can see this going well:
Kid 1: Coach, my elbow! It feels tight.
Dibble: Suck it up.
Kid 1: But it hurts really bad! Can I at least put some Icy Hot on it?
Dibble: No! What are you, some kind of pansy? Why don’t you put a feminine napkin on it. Get outta my sight.
Dibble: Hey, you come over here!
Kid 2: Yes, coach?
Dibble: Throw this ball at Kid 1. Teach him how we roll around here.
Kid 2: Yes coach. But I wanted to tell you something first. I got drafted by the Nationals yesterday! I’m goin’ to be a pro baseball player!
Dibble: You’re dead to me.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)