Jun 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
This is a great idea: Rob Dibble has been named the new baseball coach at Calabasas High School in California.
I can see this going well:
Kid 1: Coach, my elbow! It feels tight.
Dibble: Suck it up.
Kid 1: But it hurts really bad! Can I at least put some Icy Hot on it?
Dibble: No! What are you, some kind of pansy? Why don’t you put a feminine napkin on it. Get outta my sight.
Dibble: Hey, you come over here!
Kid 2: Yes, coach?
Dibble: Throw this ball at Kid 1. Teach him how we roll around here.
Kid 2: Yes coach. But I wanted to tell you something first. I got drafted by the Nationals yesterday! I’m goin’ to be a pro baseball player!
Dibble: You’re dead to me.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11