Jun 6, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Doctors didn’t actually remove it, though… they just flushed it into a different area in which it wouldn’t cause as many problems. An actual surgery to remove the chip might come this winter.
Struggling with the wrist injury, Konerko was in a 1-for-16 slump before shutting it down Sunday. He’s still hitting .366/.445/.617 with 11 homers and 33 RBI in 50 games for the season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 21
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)