Jun 6, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Doctors didn’t actually remove it, though… they just flushed it into a different area in which it wouldn’t cause as many problems. An actual surgery to remove the chip might come this winter.
Struggling with the wrist injury, Konerko was in a 1-for-16 slump before shutting it down Sunday. He’s still hitting .366/.445/.617 with 11 homers and 33 RBI in 50 games for the season.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)