Jun 6, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Doctors didn’t actually remove it, though… they just flushed it into a different area in which it wouldn’t cause as many problems. An actual surgery to remove the chip might come this winter.
Struggling with the wrist injury, Konerko was in a 1-for-16 slump before shutting it down Sunday. He’s still hitting .366/.445/.617 with 11 homers and 33 RBI in 50 games for the season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)