Psst! I’m gonna do Twitter questions tonight

Jun 6, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT

The Question

A lot of people have asked me for a heads up when I’m going to do Twitter questions, so here it is. I’m gonna take Twitter questions tonight, starting around 9PM Eastern. I do it then and not now because I find both the questions and the answers to be better after everyone has had a chance to chill out from the day and, if they’re so inclined, have a nice drink. To ask me something, simply reply to my call for questions at @craigcalcaterra.

The usual deal: you ask tonight, I answer in a post tomorrow. Baseball is encouraged, but certainly not required.  I’m getting close to the point, however, where I can no longer be baited with Aquaman questions, so be warned that there’s a much better chance that I’ll answer your question if it’s not about Aquaman.

1. heyblueyoustink - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM

What about Chico and the Man, can I ask about that?

2. sdelmonte - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Any chance you would consider taking questions here from those of us who don’t tweet?

• Craig Calcaterra - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Sure, go ahead. My ratio of questions to answers from here may be poor, though, as I may not keep as close track to these as I will the Twitter ones tonight.

• ajcardsfan - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

By replying to him Craig, you’ve already improved your ratio

• sdelmonte - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

OK, here’s my question:

When the post about Bill Maher buying a share of the Mets went up, a lot of people replied with “another reason to hate the Mets.” Why do you think people with no vested anti-Mets rooting interest (like yourself) hate the Mets so much? They just don’t seem with the effort to me.

• jimbo1949 - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

“When the post about Bill Maher buying a share of the Mets went up, a lot of people replied with “another reason to hate the Mets”.”
        Sounds more anti-Maher than anti-Mets. The Mets are just collateral damage.

3. rooney24 - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM

From Craig’s comments, I assume he doesn’t like Aquaman. I always thought Aquaman was kind of lame, but when you think about it, it is pretty amazing that Aquaman was able to turn one specialized skill into a career as a super hero. Would Aquaman be the equivalent of the LOOGY (Lefty One Out GuY) in baseball? He isn’t useful all the time, but if used to take advantage of his limited special skills, he can be extremely useful in certain situations.

All the trade deadline news to know