Jun 6, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
This falls into the deep thoughts category, but:
- The Royals are only a half game behind the Tigers despite having a 12-game losing streak this year;
- The Pirates are a game up on the Cardinals despite having he worst offense in the National League;
- The Orioles are three ahead of the Red Sox and a half game up on the Yankees despite being the Orioles;
- The Nationals, Marlins and Mets are ahead of the Braves and Phillies despite the preseason prognostications of everyone; and
- The Dodgers are ahead of everyone in baseball despite not having their only legit All-Star for an extended period due to injuries.
Only the AL West is going as roughly expected, and that’s only because the Angels finally woke up in May after the best player in baseball spent a month being the worst player in baseball.
Someone please keep this post handy for next February and March when idiots like me pretend like we know what the hell is going to happen in the upcoming season.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)