Jun 6, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
This falls into the deep thoughts category, but:
- The Royals are only a half game behind the Tigers despite having a 12-game losing streak this year;
- The Pirates are a game up on the Cardinals despite having he worst offense in the National League;
- The Orioles are three ahead of the Red Sox and a half game up on the Yankees despite being the Orioles;
- The Nationals, Marlins and Mets are ahead of the Braves and Phillies despite the preseason prognostications of everyone; and
- The Dodgers are ahead of everyone in baseball despite not having their only legit All-Star for an extended period due to injuries.
Only the AL West is going as roughly expected, and that’s only because the Angels finally woke up in May after the best player in baseball spent a month being the worst player in baseball.
Someone please keep this post handy for next February and March when idiots like me pretend like we know what the hell is going to happen in the upcoming season.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)