Jun 7, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
In it, everyone who is quoted and every opinion expressed is about how hard Harper plays. How respectful he is. How he plays the game the right way and, even at age 19, sets an example for others while still making a point to learn from the veterans. I’m struggling to think of a faster turnaround in terms of perception, persona and attitude than the one Harper has undergone since even last season.
What I’d like to know is if this is merely a product of natural maturity — think about how different you were when you were 19 than when you were 17 — of if there is someone or many someone’s in the Nats organization or in Scott Boras’ operation who made it a point to help the young man along in his maturity process. It’s probably both, but to the extent there is a lot of the latter, those people deserve some serious kudos.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)