Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Another Philly infielder goes down: Freddy Galvis has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.
He sustained the injury while batting last night. The Phillies have called up Michael Martinez from Leigh Valley to take his place on the roster, though Mike Fontenot is likely to see most of the playing time at second, it would seem.
Does anyone have Juan Samuel’s phone number? How about Mickey Morandini?
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)