Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Another Philly infielder goes down: Freddy Galvis has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.
He sustained the injury while batting last night. The Phillies have called up Michael Martinez from Leigh Valley to take his place on the roster, though Mike Fontenot is likely to see most of the playing time at second, it would seem.
Does anyone have Juan Samuel’s phone number? How about Mickey Morandini?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)