Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Another Philly infielder goes down: Freddy Galvis has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.
He sustained the injury while batting last night. The Phillies have called up Michael Martinez from Leigh Valley to take his place on the roster, though Mike Fontenot is likely to see most of the playing time at second, it would seem.
Does anyone have Juan Samuel’s phone number? How about Mickey Morandini?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (80)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)