Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Another Philly infielder goes down: Freddy Galvis has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.
He sustained the injury while batting last night. The Phillies have called up Michael Martinez from Leigh Valley to take his place on the roster, though Mike Fontenot is likely to see most of the playing time at second, it would seem.
Does anyone have Juan Samuel’s phone number? How about Mickey Morandini?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)