Jun 7, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
The recently retired Kerry Wood was on the Waddle & Silvy show today and got to talking about his teammates who provided leadership and stuff. One he mentioned: Moises Alou. One of the hosts asks him about, well, Alou’s particular hand-preparation technique.
…And Wood said he did it too. To deal with blister problems. “Peeing on my fingers was probably the least, like, amount of stuff I’ve done,” he said. He said you’re willing to try anything when you’re having problems. Go to around the 19 minute mark for the exchange.
Baseball ain’t always pretty, people.
(thanks to Anthony for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 32
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)