Jun 7, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
The recently retired Kerry Wood was on the Waddle & Silvy show today and got to talking about his teammates who provided leadership and stuff. One he mentioned: Moises Alou. One of the hosts asks him about, well, Alou’s particular hand-preparation technique.
…And Wood said he did it too. To deal with blister problems. “Peeing on my fingers was probably the least, like, amount of stuff I’ve done,” he said. He said you’re willing to try anything when you’re having problems. Go to around the 19 minute mark for the exchange.
Baseball ain’t always pretty, people.
(thanks to Anthony for the heads up)
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)