Jun 7, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
The recently retired Kerry Wood was on the Waddle & Silvy show today and got to talking about his teammates who provided leadership and stuff. One he mentioned: Moises Alou. One of the hosts asks him about, well, Alou’s particular hand-preparation technique.
…And Wood said he did it too. To deal with blister problems. “Peeing on my fingers was probably the least, like, amount of stuff I’ve done,” he said. He said you’re willing to try anything when you’re having problems. Go to around the 19 minute mark for the exchange.
Baseball ain’t always pretty, people.
(thanks to Anthony for the heads up)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (74)