Jun 7, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
The recently retired Kerry Wood was on the Waddle & Silvy show today and got to talking about his teammates who provided leadership and stuff. One he mentioned: Moises Alou. One of the hosts asks him about, well, Alou’s particular hand-preparation technique.
…And Wood said he did it too. To deal with blister problems. “Peeing on my fingers was probably the least, like, amount of stuff I’ve done,” he said. He said you’re willing to try anything when you’re having problems. Go to around the 19 minute mark for the exchange.
Baseball ain’t always pretty, people.
(thanks to Anthony for the heads up)
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)