Jun 7, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Lidge has been out since mid-April following sports hernia surgery and in his absence the Nationals turned to Rodriguez and then Tyler Clippard as closer. And they’re all just filling in for the injured Drew Storen.
Lidge struggled with his command before being shut down, so he may be worked back into the late-inning mix slowly. He made just two minor-league rehab appearances, allowing one run in 1.1 innings while striking out three and walking one.
Rodriguez has been lights-out at times, but ultimately his inability to consistently throw strikes has led to a 5.14 ERA and 23/14 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)