Jun 7, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Lidge has been out since mid-April following sports hernia surgery and in his absence the Nationals turned to Rodriguez and then Tyler Clippard as closer. And they’re all just filling in for the injured Drew Storen.
Lidge struggled with his command before being shut down, so he may be worked back into the late-inning mix slowly. He made just two minor-league rehab appearances, allowing one run in 1.1 innings while striking out three and walking one.
Rodriguez has been lights-out at times, but ultimately his inability to consistently throw strikes has led to a 5.14 ERA and 23/14 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)