Jun 7, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Scott Hatteberg already works for the A’s, but now he’s going to be further out front, doing some TV too:
Scott Hatteberg, the former A’s first baseman featured prominently in the book and movie “Moneyball,” will replace Ray Fosse for 20 games as the team’s analyst on CSN California, with his first stint starting June 15, according to multiple sources … Hatteberg, reached by phone, said, “I’m excited to do it. I’ve never done it before, though, so I’m not sure how well I’ll do.”
I’m guessing the conversation convincing him to do it went like so:
Scott Hatteberg: [Responding to being asked to to do broadcasts] I’ve only ever been a front office guy.
Billy Beane: It’s not that hard, Scott. Tell him, Wash.
Ron Washington: It’s incredibly hard.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 31
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 18
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)