Jun 7, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
Scott Hatteberg already works for the A’s, but now he’s going to be further out front, doing some TV too:
Scott Hatteberg, the former A’s first baseman featured prominently in the book and movie “Moneyball,” will replace Ray Fosse for 20 games as the team’s analyst on CSN California, with his first stint starting June 15, according to multiple sources … Hatteberg, reached by phone, said, “I’m excited to do it. I’ve never done it before, though, so I’m not sure how well I’ll do.”
I’m guessing the conversation convincing him to do it went like so:
Scott Hatteberg: [Responding to being asked to to do broadcasts] I’ve only ever been a front office guy.
Billy Beane: It’s not that hard, Scott. Tell him, Wash.
Ron Washington: It’s incredibly hard.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)