Jun 7, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
Scott Hatteberg already works for the A’s, but now he’s going to be further out front, doing some TV too:
Scott Hatteberg, the former A’s first baseman featured prominently in the book and movie “Moneyball,” will replace Ray Fosse for 20 games as the team’s analyst on CSN California, with his first stint starting June 15, according to multiple sources … Hatteberg, reached by phone, said, “I’m excited to do it. I’ve never done it before, though, so I’m not sure how well I’ll do.”
I’m guessing the conversation convincing him to do it went like so:
Scott Hatteberg: [Responding to being asked to to do broadcasts] I’ve only ever been a front office guy.
Billy Beane: It’s not that hard, Scott. Tell him, Wash.
Ron Washington: It’s incredibly hard.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)