Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
In addition to being a 25-year-old outfield prospect Jordan Danks is also the little brother of White Sox left-hander John Danks.
Jordan has mostly been a disappointment since the White Sox picked him out of high school in 2008, but turned things around early on this season at Triple-A by hitting .302 with eight homers and a .934 OPS. Last year at the same level he hit just .257 with a .770 OPS and that was actually the best production of his career at that point.
Fukudome played a limited role for the White Sox after signing a one-year, $1 million deal as a free agent, hitting .171 in just 54 plate appearances.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)