Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
In addition to being a 25-year-old outfield prospect Jordan Danks is also the little brother of White Sox left-hander John Danks.
Jordan has mostly been a disappointment since the White Sox picked him out of high school in 2008, but turned things around early on this season at Triple-A by hitting .302 with eight homers and a .934 OPS. Last year at the same level he hit just .257 with a .770 OPS and that was actually the best production of his career at that point.
Fukudome played a limited role for the White Sox after signing a one-year, $1 million deal as a free agent, hitting .171 in just 54 plate appearances.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)