Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
In addition to being a 25-year-old outfield prospect Jordan Danks is also the little brother of White Sox left-hander John Danks.
Jordan has mostly been a disappointment since the White Sox picked him out of high school in 2008, but turned things around early on this season at Triple-A by hitting .302 with eight homers and a .934 OPS. Last year at the same level he hit just .257 with a .770 OPS and that was actually the best production of his career at that point.
Fukudome played a limited role for the White Sox after signing a one-year, $1 million deal as a free agent, hitting .171 in just 54 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 35
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)