Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
In addition to being a 25-year-old outfield prospect Jordan Danks is also the little brother of White Sox left-hander John Danks.
Jordan has mostly been a disappointment since the White Sox picked him out of high school in 2008, but turned things around early on this season at Triple-A by hitting .302 with eight homers and a .934 OPS. Last year at the same level he hit just .257 with a .770 OPS and that was actually the best production of his career at that point.
Fukudome played a limited role for the White Sox after signing a one-year, $1 million deal as a free agent, hitting .171 in just 54 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)