Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Oakland and Texas are playing a day game today. It just got underway a few minutes ago but it’s already been a bad one for Oakland: Yoenis Cespedes had to leave the game early and the word has come back that it’s a strained left hamstring.
It happened in the bottom of the first when Cespedes reached on a single and then rand from first to third when Seth Smith singled behind him. He came up lame and was replaced with a pinch runner.
Cespedes just came off the DL after missing four weeks with an injured hand. Looks like he’s going to be heading right back.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)