Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Oakland and Texas are playing a day game today. It just got underway a few minutes ago but it’s already been a bad one for Oakland: Yoenis Cespedes had to leave the game early and the word has come back that it’s a strained left hamstring.
It happened in the bottom of the first when Cespedes reached on a single and then rand from first to third when Seth Smith singled behind him. He came up lame and was replaced with a pinch runner.
Cespedes just came off the DL after missing four weeks with an injured hand. Looks like he’s going to be heading right back.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)