Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Oakland and Texas are playing a day game today. It just got underway a few minutes ago but it’s already been a bad one for Oakland: Yoenis Cespedes had to leave the game early and the word has come back that it’s a strained left hamstring.
It happened in the bottom of the first when Cespedes reached on a single and then rand from first to third when Seth Smith singled behind him. He came up lame and was replaced with a pinch runner.
Cespedes just came off the DL after missing four weeks with an injured hand. Looks like he’s going to be heading right back.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)