Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Oakland and Texas are playing a day game today. It just got underway a few minutes ago but it’s already been a bad one for Oakland: Yoenis Cespedes had to leave the game early and the word has come back that it’s a strained left hamstring.
It happened in the bottom of the first when Cespedes reached on a single and then rand from first to third when Seth Smith singled behind him. He came up lame and was replaced with a pinch runner.
Cespedes just came off the DL after missing four weeks with an injured hand. Looks like he’s going to be heading right back.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)