Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Oakland and Texas are playing a day game today. It just got underway a few minutes ago but it’s already been a bad one for Oakland: Yoenis Cespedes had to leave the game early and the word has come back that it’s a strained left hamstring.
It happened in the bottom of the first when Cespedes reached on a single and then rand from first to third when Seth Smith singled behind him. He came up lame and was replaced with a pinch runner.
Cespedes just came off the DL after missing four weeks with an injured hand. Looks like he’s going to be heading right back.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (197)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)