Jun 8, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
As expected, the Angels are using Albert Pujols at third base in order to get another bat into the lineup during interleague play in NL ballparks.
Pujols, who began his career as a third baseman and started there four times for the Cardinals last season, is making his first Angels start at the hot corner against the Rockies. That opens up first base for Kendrys Morales, who hasn’t started anywhere but designated hitter since May 29, 2010 … the day he broke his ankle celebrating a walk-off homer.
Manager Mike Scioscia also has right fielder Torii Hunter batting second in the lineup, which he hasn’t done since hitting .198 in 29 games there last year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)