Jun 8, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
As expected, the Angels are using Albert Pujols at third base in order to get another bat into the lineup during interleague play in NL ballparks.
Pujols, who began his career as a third baseman and started there four times for the Cardinals last season, is making his first Angels start at the hot corner against the Rockies. That opens up first base for Kendrys Morales, who hasn’t started anywhere but designated hitter since May 29, 2010 … the day he broke his ankle celebrating a walk-off homer.
Manager Mike Scioscia also has right fielder Torii Hunter batting second in the lineup, which he hasn’t done since hitting .198 in 29 games there last year.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40