Jun 8, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
As expected, the Angels are using Albert Pujols at third base in order to get another bat into the lineup during interleague play in NL ballparks.
Pujols, who began his career as a third baseman and started there four times for the Cardinals last season, is making his first Angels start at the hot corner against the Rockies. That opens up first base for Kendrys Morales, who hasn’t started anywhere but designated hitter since May 29, 2010 … the day he broke his ankle celebrating a walk-off homer.
Manager Mike Scioscia also has right fielder Torii Hunter batting second in the lineup, which he hasn’t done since hitting .198 in 29 games there last year.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 12
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (111)