Jun 8, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Austin Jackson was scheduled to play about six innings in his first minor-league rehab game yesterday, but instead he played a full game at Triple-A that included nine innings in center field.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Jackson will play another full game there tonight, at which point he could be cleared to return from the disabled list and rejoin the Tigers as soon as Saturday.
Jackson has been out since mid-May with an abdominal strain and initially remained on the active roster while being unavailable, but then wasn’t ready to come off the DL when eligible anyway. Quentin Berry has played well filling in, but Jackson’s return will likely push the 27-year-old career minor leaguer to left field or a bench role.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)