Jun 8, 2012, 7:29 PM EST
Quentin is batting .481 with a 1.734 OPS, five home runs and nine RBI in eight games since returning from the disabled list in late May, and would be a nice addition to just about any contending team.
Which is why Toronto won’t be alone in its pursuit.
Quentin, 29, is making $7.025 million this year. He’s scheduled to become a free agent this winter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)