Jun 8, 2012, 7:29 PM EST
Quentin is batting .481 with a 1.734 OPS, five home runs and nine RBI in eight games since returning from the disabled list in late May, and would be a nice addition to just about any contending team.
Which is why Toronto won’t be alone in its pursuit.
Quentin, 29, is making $7.025 million this year. He’s scheduled to become a free agent this winter.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 14
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 67
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)