Jun 8, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
The second biggest is to ask yourself why it is that no one ever writes stories like this about non-white, non-short, non-scrappy utility players:**
“He’s one of a kind,” Dozier said. “You can throw tools out the window, anything physical — he plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. I think a lot of times these days you see a lot of people not doing that.”
His offense hasn’t been shabby, either.
Carroll has his lowest OPS of his career at the moment, but I’m sure he’s doing it the right way.
**UPDATE: I stand corrected. Reader nobody78 did some Googling and it seems that some people do write such stories about non-white players from time to time: Miguel Cairo, Jerry Hairston, Angel Pagan, Marlon Byrd.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)