Jun 8, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
The second biggest is to ask yourself why it is that no one ever writes stories like this about non-white, non-short, non-scrappy utility players:**
“He’s one of a kind,” Dozier said. “You can throw tools out the window, anything physical — he plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. I think a lot of times these days you see a lot of people not doing that.”
His offense hasn’t been shabby, either.
Carroll has his lowest OPS of his career at the moment, but I’m sure he’s doing it the right way.
**UPDATE: I stand corrected. Reader nobody78 did some Googling and it seems that some people do write such stories about non-white players from time to time: Miguel Cairo, Jerry Hairston, Angel Pagan, Marlon Byrd.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)