Jun 8, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
The second biggest is to ask yourself why it is that no one ever writes stories like this about non-white, non-short, non-scrappy utility players:**
“He’s one of a kind,” Dozier said. “You can throw tools out the window, anything physical — he plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. I think a lot of times these days you see a lot of people not doing that.”
His offense hasn’t been shabby, either.
Carroll has his lowest OPS of his career at the moment, but I’m sure he’s doing it the right way.
**UPDATE: I stand corrected. Reader nobody78 did some Googling and it seems that some people do write such stories about non-white players from time to time: Miguel Cairo, Jerry Hairston, Angel Pagan, Marlon Byrd.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect