Jun 8, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
The second biggest is to ask yourself why it is that no one ever writes stories like this about non-white, non-short, non-scrappy utility players:**
“He’s one of a kind,” Dozier said. “You can throw tools out the window, anything physical — he plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. I think a lot of times these days you see a lot of people not doing that.”
His offense hasn’t been shabby, either.
Carroll has his lowest OPS of his career at the moment, but I’m sure he’s doing it the right way.
**UPDATE: I stand corrected. Reader nobody78 did some Googling and it seems that some people do write such stories about non-white players from time to time: Miguel Cairo, Jerry Hairston, Angel Pagan, Marlon Byrd.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 32
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (119)