Jun 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
When Johan Santana takes the mound tonight for his no-hitter follow-up start he’ll be coming off back-to-back complete-game shutouts and working on two extra days of rest without a limited pitch count. And he’ll also be an underdog on the road against the Yankees and Hiroki Kuroda.
Las Vegas has set the Yankees as -145 favorites tonight, which means you must bet $145 to win $100 on them and puts their expected winning percentage at 59.2. That also means the Mets are +135 underdogs, which means you can win $135 on a $100 bet and puts their expected winning percentage at 42.5.
So even when the Mets and Yankees have nearly the same record and the Mets have a two-time Cy Young winner on the mound coming off a no-hitter and back-to-back shutouts the Yankees are still solid favorites at home behind a starter with a 4-6 record and 3.82 ERA.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)