Jun 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
When Johan Santana takes the mound tonight for his no-hitter follow-up start he’ll be coming off back-to-back complete-game shutouts and working on two extra days of rest without a limited pitch count. And he’ll also be an underdog on the road against the Yankees and Hiroki Kuroda.
Las Vegas has set the Yankees as -145 favorites tonight, which means you must bet $145 to win $100 on them and puts their expected winning percentage at 59.2. That also means the Mets are +135 underdogs, which means you can win $135 on a $100 bet and puts their expected winning percentage at 42.5.
So even when the Mets and Yankees have nearly the same record and the Mets have a two-time Cy Young winner on the mound coming off a no-hitter and back-to-back shutouts the Yankees are still solid favorites at home behind a starter with a 4-6 record and 3.82 ERA.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)