Jun 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
When Johan Santana takes the mound tonight for his no-hitter follow-up start he’ll be coming off back-to-back complete-game shutouts and working on two extra days of rest without a limited pitch count. And he’ll also be an underdog on the road against the Yankees and Hiroki Kuroda.
Las Vegas has set the Yankees as -145 favorites tonight, which means you must bet $145 to win $100 on them and puts their expected winning percentage at 59.2. That also means the Mets are +135 underdogs, which means you can win $135 on a $100 bet and puts their expected winning percentage at 42.5.
So even when the Mets and Yankees have nearly the same record and the Mets have a two-time Cy Young winner on the mound coming off a no-hitter and back-to-back shutouts the Yankees are still solid favorites at home behind a starter with a 4-6 record and 3.82 ERA.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)