Jun 8, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Texas sent Derek Holland for an MRI exam after placing him on the disabled list yesterday with left shoulder fatigue and the team announced that no structural damage was found.
In fact, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram the Rangers think “Holland is experiencing a lack of strength in the shoulder related to the stomach virus he caught last month.”
That would certainly be good news, because while Holland was sick enough to lose 15 pounds it’s not a long-term problem like any kind of significant shoulder injury would be.
For now Holland has been shut down from all throwing for at least a week and the Rangers will put him through some further testing related to the stomach virus, with Alex Ogando moving from the bullpen back into the rotation.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights