Jun 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Johan Santana, a year removed from major shoulder surgery, hit his all-time high in pitches last week while no-hitting the Cardinals. While he was given a couple of extra days of rest in the wake of that, he will not be on a lower-than-normal pitch count tonight, says Terry Collins.
Biggest reason: the team was impressed with his most recent bullpen session and with how he says he feels. That said, I imagine Terry Collins is hoping that the Mets are up 12-0 after five innings and he can pull Santana after, like, 65 pitches.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel