Jun 8, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Every year Sports Illustrated takes a poll of as many players as it can — this year it got 227 of them — and asks them a bunch of questions they’d never answer with attribution. Most overrated this or that, worst umpire, etc.
The list for the most overrated pitchers is out now (slide show; sorry), and number one is C.J. Wilson. I’m most puzzled by number 7, which is Barry Zito. To be overrated, don’t you have to be rated highly by … someone?
Maybe it’s just the most overpaid or the player of which the others are most envious or something.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)