Jun 8, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Every year Sports Illustrated takes a poll of as many players as it can — this year it got 227 of them — and asks them a bunch of questions they’d never answer with attribution. Most overrated this or that, worst umpire, etc.
The list for the most overrated pitchers is out now (slide show; sorry), and number one is C.J. Wilson. I’m most puzzled by number 7, which is Barry Zito. To be overrated, don’t you have to be rated highly by … someone?
Maybe it’s just the most overpaid or the player of which the others are most envious or something.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 0
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 23
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 45
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)