Jun 8, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
I saw that guys named Skye Bolt and Storm Throne were selected in the Rule 4 draft earlier this week. When I saw them my first thought was “Storm Throne rolls saving throw for curve balls …” But there were more ridiculous names than that! And Dayn Perry of CBS Sports.com catalogs them for us today:
5. Evan Van Hoosier, Phillies (818th overall)
Sounds like: Monarchical heir to the throne of Indiana …
8. Damien Magnifico, Brewers (185th overall)
Sounds like: Up-and-coming celebrity illusionist.
And there are 23 more fabulous ones. But I disagree with Dayn on one of them. “Correlle Prime” does not sound like a software upgrade. It sounds like a planet where Galactica mined for tylium or the crew of the Enterprise encountered a race of aliens who had problems that were, amazingly, allegorical to some 1960s social problem or something.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8