Jun 8, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes suffered a strained left hamstring Thursday in his seventh game back from the disabled list, but he doesn’t think a return visit will be required, he told the San Francisco Chronicle’s Susan Slusser on Friday.
Cespedes said he expects to miss the entire series against the Diamondbacks this weekend, but that he hopes to return next week.
Cespedes was 10-for-25 with a homer and five RBI since returning from a hand injury on June 1. In his absence, the A’s will likely go with an outfield of Seth Smith, Coco Crisp and Josh Reddick in NL parks.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)