Jun 8, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes suffered a strained left hamstring Thursday in his seventh game back from the disabled list, but he doesn’t think a return visit will be required, he told the San Francisco Chronicle’s Susan Slusser on Friday.
Cespedes said he expects to miss the entire series against the Diamondbacks this weekend, but that he hopes to return next week.
Cespedes was 10-for-25 with a homer and five RBI since returning from a hand injury on June 1. In his absence, the A’s will likely go with an outfield of Seth Smith, Coco Crisp and Josh Reddick in NL parks.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)