Jun 9, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Bad news for the Bombers.
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Brett Gardner felt more pain in his elbow this morning after playing a rehab game with Low-A Charleston last night and will see a doctor on Monday. This is his second time he has been pulled off a rehab assignment since being placed on the disabled list in mid-April with a strained right elbow.
The Yankees were hoping to activate Gardner within the next couple of days, but manager Joe Girardi is now saying that he doesn’t expect him back until after the All-Star break.
Raul Ibanez has seen most of the playing time in left field during Gardner’s absence, with Andruw Jones, Jayson Nix, DeWayne Wise and Eduardo Nunez also filling in. We’ll probably add Chris Dickerson to that list soon now that he’s back in action with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but it will be interesting to see if the Yankees are in the market for some extra insurance for their outfield in the coming weeks.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)