Jun 9, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Bad news for the Bombers.
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Brett Gardner felt more pain in his elbow this morning after playing a rehab game with Low-A Charleston last night and will see a doctor on Monday. This is his second time he has been pulled off a rehab assignment since being placed on the disabled list in mid-April with a strained right elbow.
The Yankees were hoping to activate Gardner within the next couple of days, but manager Joe Girardi is now saying that he doesn’t expect him back until after the All-Star break.
Raul Ibanez has seen most of the playing time in left field during Gardner’s absence, with Andruw Jones, Jayson Nix, DeWayne Wise and Eduardo Nunez also filling in. We’ll probably add Chris Dickerson to that list soon now that he’s back in action with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but it will be interesting to see if the Yankees are in the market for some extra insurance for their outfield in the coming weeks.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)