Jun 9, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Bad news for the Bombers.
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Brett Gardner felt more pain in his elbow this morning after playing a rehab game with Low-A Charleston last night and will see a doctor on Monday. This is his second time he has been pulled off a rehab assignment since being placed on the disabled list in mid-April with a strained right elbow.
The Yankees were hoping to activate Gardner within the next couple of days, but manager Joe Girardi is now saying that he doesn’t expect him back until after the All-Star break.
Raul Ibanez has seen most of the playing time in left field during Gardner’s absence, with Andruw Jones, Jayson Nix, DeWayne Wise and Eduardo Nunez also filling in. We’ll probably add Chris Dickerson to that list soon now that he’s back in action with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but it will be interesting to see if the Yankees are in the market for some extra insurance for their outfield in the coming weeks.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)