Jun 9, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Bad news for the Bombers.
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Brett Gardner felt more pain in his elbow this morning after playing a rehab game with Low-A Charleston last night and will see a doctor on Monday. This is his second time he has been pulled off a rehab assignment since being placed on the disabled list in mid-April with a strained right elbow.
The Yankees were hoping to activate Gardner within the next couple of days, but manager Joe Girardi is now saying that he doesn’t expect him back until after the All-Star break.
Raul Ibanez has seen most of the playing time in left field during Gardner’s absence, with Andruw Jones, Jayson Nix, DeWayne Wise and Eduardo Nunez also filling in. We’ll probably add Chris Dickerson to that list soon now that he’s back in action with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but it will be interesting to see if the Yankees are in the market for some extra insurance for their outfield in the coming weeks.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 125
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 216
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (219)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)