Jun 9, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: White Sox starter Chris Sale needs his own video game.
The lanky left-hander threw eight innings of shutout ball on Saturday afternoon against the Astros, striking out seven and walking none as the Pale Hose rolled to a 10-1 victory. He now has a 0.92 WHIP, 76/18 K/BB ratio and an American League-best 2.05 ERA through 74 2/3 frames this season.
Sale has surrendered just three earned runs, fanned 36 batters and issued only six free passes in his last 31 1/3 innings of work. It’s crazy to think the White Sox had him in the bullpen at one point, and his success as a starter should be a message for the Reds and their own lanky southpaw (Aroldis Chapman).
For postgame reaction, including videos, check out WhiteSoxTalk at CSNChicago.com.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)