Jun 9, 2012, 10:33 PM EST
The dream is still alive for 49-year-old Jamie Moyer.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN, the veteran lefty threw five shutout innings Saturday in his first start with Triple-A Norfolk. He allowed just one hit and struck out five while displaying pinpoint control.
Moyer posted a 5.70 ERA and 1.73 WHIP in 53 2/3 innings with the Rockies before getting released last week and would almost certainly struggle badly in the American League East. But that doesn’t mean he won’t get a shot anyway if he rattles off a couple more impressive outings down on the farm. Granted, we’d love to see him in this hat:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)