Jun 9, 2012, 10:33 PM EST
The dream is still alive for 49-year-old Jamie Moyer.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN, the veteran lefty threw five shutout innings Saturday in his first start with Triple-A Norfolk. He allowed just one hit and struck out five while displaying pinpoint control.
Moyer posted a 5.70 ERA and 1.73 WHIP in 53 2/3 innings with the Rockies before getting released last week and would almost certainly struggle badly in the American League East. But that doesn’t mean he won’t get a shot anyway if he rattles off a couple more impressive outings down on the farm. Granted, we’d love to see him in this hat:
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 19
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 140
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23