Jun 9, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
The dream is still alive for 49-year-old Jamie Moyer.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN, the veteran lefty threw five shutout innings Saturday in his first start with Triple-A Norfolk. He allowed just one hit and struck out five while displaying pinpoint control.
Moyer posted a 5.70 ERA and 1.73 WHIP in 53 2/3 innings with the Rockies before getting released last week and would almost certainly struggle badly in the American League East. But that doesn’t mean he won’t get a shot anyway if he rattles off a couple more impressive outings down on the farm. Granted, we’d love to see him in this hat:
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)