Jun 9, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
After getting shut out for the first time this season by the Rangers last night, the Giants’ lineup is set to get a major boost.
“We think he’s ready,” Bochy said. “With Melky out, sure, that plays a part in it. We’re a little short handed and could use another bat in the lineup.”
Sandoval has been sidelined since undergoing surgery on May 4 to remove a fractured hamate bone from his left hand. He batted .261 (6-for-23) with three homers and two doubles during his minor league rehab assignment, including a pair of home runs with Triple-A Fresno yesterday.
The Giants recently expressed renewed concerns about Sandoval’s conditioning and it’s worth wondering what impact another hamate bone surgery will have on his offensive production, at least in the short-term, but he’ll be a welcome sight at the hot corner this afternoon.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)