Jun 10, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Apparently it’s the new in thing; get a no-hitter going and then exit with a groin strain.
Of course, Alexi Ogando today was only three innings along in his outing against the Giants, not six innings like Kevin Millwood on Friday. And Ogando wasn’t going to last all that much longer anyway; the 28-year-old was making his first start of the season after 27 relief appearances.
It might end up being Ogando’s lone start of the year if he’s forced to the DL as a result of the injury, which he sustained running to first after a bunt. Roy Oswalt could be up to join the Texas rotation in two weeks.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3