Jun 10, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Apparently it’s the new in thing; get a no-hitter going and then exit with a groin strain.
Of course, Alexi Ogando today was only three innings along in his outing against the Giants, not six innings like Kevin Millwood on Friday. And Ogando wasn’t going to last all that much longer anyway; the 28-year-old was making his first start of the season after 27 relief appearances.
It might end up being Ogando’s lone start of the year if he’s forced to the DL as a result of the injury, which he sustained running to first after a bunt. Roy Oswalt could be up to join the Texas rotation in two weeks.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)