Jun 10, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Apparently it’s the new in thing; get a no-hitter going and then exit with a groin strain.
Of course, Alexi Ogando today was only three innings along in his outing against the Giants, not six innings like Kevin Millwood on Friday. And Ogando wasn’t going to last all that much longer anyway; the 28-year-old was making his first start of the season after 27 relief appearances.
It might end up being Ogando’s lone start of the year if he’s forced to the DL as a result of the injury, which he sustained running to first after a bunt. Roy Oswalt could be up to join the Texas rotation in two weeks.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)