Jun 10, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Apparently it’s the new in thing; get a no-hitter going and then exit with a groin strain.
Of course, Alexi Ogando today was only three innings along in his outing against the Giants, not six innings like Kevin Millwood on Friday. And Ogando wasn’t going to last all that much longer anyway; the 28-year-old was making his first start of the season after 27 relief appearances.
It might end up being Ogando’s lone start of the year if he’s forced to the DL as a result of the injury, which he sustained running to first after a bunt. Roy Oswalt could be up to join the Texas rotation in two weeks.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)