Jun 10, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Apparently it’s the new in thing; get a no-hitter going and then exit with a groin strain.
Of course, Alexi Ogando today was only three innings along in his outing against the Giants, not six innings like Kevin Millwood on Friday. And Ogando wasn’t going to last all that much longer anyway; the 28-year-old was making his first start of the season after 27 relief appearances.
It might end up being Ogando’s lone start of the year if he’s forced to the DL as a result of the injury, which he sustained running to first after a bunt. Roy Oswalt could be up to join the Texas rotation in two weeks.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)