Jun 10, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Outfielder Jose Constanza was optioned back to Triple-A Gwinnett in a corresponding roster move.
Jones missed just under three weeks with a left calf injury — described as a bruise. He returns to a cool .307/.377/.485 slash line, five home runs and 24 RBI.
Atlanta enters play Sunday with a 34-25 record, good enough for second place in the National League East.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17