Jun 10, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Outfielder Jose Constanza was optioned back to Triple-A Gwinnett in a corresponding roster move.
Jones missed just under three weeks with a left calf injury — described as a bruise. He returns to a cool .307/.377/.485 slash line, five home runs and 24 RBI.
Atlanta enters play Sunday with a 34-25 record, good enough for second place in the National League East.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million