Jun 10, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko shares the good news:
The Orioles’ brain trust will meet tomorrow during the off-day and decide whether to activate second baseman Brian Roberts from the 60-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s game against the Pirates at Camden Yards.
Roberts must first make it through one final rehab game Sunday at Triple-A Norfolk, but that shouldn’t be a problem given that he’s already appeared in 13 minor league contests over the past two-plus weeks without experiencing any sort of symptoms related to his near-chronic post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts hasn’t played in the bigs since May 2011, but he has three seasons of 50-plus doubles and a decent .281/.353/.416 career line. He could provide a boost for the O’s, who remain in the mix atop the AL East.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)