Jun 10, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko shares the good news:
The Orioles’ brain trust will meet tomorrow during the off-day and decide whether to activate second baseman Brian Roberts from the 60-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s game against the Pirates at Camden Yards.
Roberts must first make it through one final rehab game Sunday at Triple-A Norfolk, but that shouldn’t be a problem given that he’s already appeared in 13 minor league contests over the past two-plus weeks without experiencing any sort of symptoms related to his near-chronic post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts hasn’t played in the bigs since May 2011, but he has three seasons of 50-plus doubles and a decent .281/.353/.416 career line. He could provide a boost for the O’s, who remain in the mix atop the AL East.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)