Jun 10, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
MASN’s Roch Kubatko shares the good news:
The Orioles’ brain trust will meet tomorrow during the off-day and decide whether to activate second baseman Brian Roberts from the 60-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s game against the Pirates at Camden Yards.
Roberts must first make it through one final rehab game Sunday at Triple-A Norfolk, but that shouldn’t be a problem given that he’s already appeared in 13 minor league contests over the past two-plus weeks without experiencing any sort of symptoms related to his near-chronic post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts hasn’t played in the bigs since May 2011, but he has three seasons of 50-plus doubles and a decent .281/.353/.416 career line. He could provide a boost for the O’s, who remain in the mix atop the AL East.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)