Jun 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Even 19-year-old phenoms need rest, apparently.
Tyler Moore will play left field, Roger Bernadina will cover center field and Xavier Nady will handle right as the Nationals try to finish off a three-game sweep of the Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park.
Harper recently reported some tenderness in his lower back, but Sunday afternoon’s day off is more about routine rest than anything. The exciting youngster is batting .282/.364/.521 with six home runs, eight doubles and 17 RBI through his first 37 major league games.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)