Jun 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Even 19-year-old phenoms need rest, apparently.
Tyler Moore will play left field, Roger Bernadina will cover center field and Xavier Nady will handle right as the Nationals try to finish off a three-game sweep of the Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park.
Harper recently reported some tenderness in his lower back, but Sunday afternoon’s day off is more about routine rest than anything. The exciting youngster is batting .282/.364/.521 with six home runs, eight doubles and 17 RBI through his first 37 major league games.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)