Jun 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Even 19-year-old phenoms need rest, apparently.
Tyler Moore will play left field, Roger Bernadina will cover center field and Xavier Nady will handle right as the Nationals try to finish off a three-game sweep of the Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park.
Harper recently reported some tenderness in his lower back, but Sunday afternoon’s day off is more about routine rest than anything. The exciting youngster is batting .282/.364/.521 with six home runs, eight doubles and 17 RBI through his first 37 major league games.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)