Jun 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
Ryan Cook‘s scoreless streak ended at 23 innings on May 28. Aroldis Chapman lost his at 29 innings on Thursday. Now Scott Downs‘ streak has ended after 20 2/3 innings after he gave up his first run in earning a save against the Rockies on Sunday.
Downs was the only reliever left in the league to have spent the entire year on a roster and not given up a run.
Seattle’s Lucas Luetge, a Rule 5 pick, still has a 0.00 ERA after 14 innings, but he did allow an unearned run on April 13.
Boston’s Junichi Tazawa and Pittsburgh’s Doug Slaten have thrown the most innings in the majors without allowing a run this season: 6 1/3. Tazawa is currently back in Triple-A.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)