Jun 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
Ryan Cook‘s scoreless streak ended at 23 innings on May 28. Aroldis Chapman lost his at 29 innings on Thursday. Now Scott Downs‘ streak has ended after 20 2/3 innings after he gave up his first run in earning a save against the Rockies on Sunday.
Downs was the only reliever left in the league to have spent the entire year on a roster and not given up a run.
Seattle’s Lucas Luetge, a Rule 5 pick, still has a 0.00 ERA after 14 innings, but he did allow an unearned run on April 13.
Boston’s Junichi Tazawa and Pittsburgh’s Doug Slaten have thrown the most innings in the majors without allowing a run this season: 6 1/3. Tazawa is currently back in Triple-A.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)