Jun 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Ryan Cook‘s scoreless streak ended at 23 innings on May 28. Aroldis Chapman lost his at 29 innings on Thursday. Now Scott Downs‘ streak has ended after 20 2/3 innings after he gave up his first run in earning a save against the Rockies on Sunday.
Downs was the only reliever left in the league to have spent the entire year on a roster and not given up a run.
Seattle’s Lucas Luetge, a Rule 5 pick, still has a 0.00 ERA after 14 innings, but he did allow an unearned run on April 13.
Boston’s Junichi Tazawa and Pittsburgh’s Doug Slaten have thrown the most innings in the majors without allowing a run this season: 6 1/3. Tazawa is currently back in Triple-A.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)