Jun 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Ryan Cook‘s scoreless streak ended at 23 innings on May 28. Aroldis Chapman lost his at 29 innings on Thursday. Now Scott Downs‘ streak has ended after 20 2/3 innings after he gave up his first run in earning a save against the Rockies on Sunday.
Downs was the only reliever left in the league to have spent the entire year on a roster and not given up a run.
Seattle’s Lucas Luetge, a Rule 5 pick, still has a 0.00 ERA after 14 innings, but he did allow an unearned run on April 13.
Boston’s Junichi Tazawa and Pittsburgh’s Doug Slaten have thrown the most innings in the majors without allowing a run this season: 6 1/3. Tazawa is currently back in Triple-A.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8