Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes word that the Marlins have recalled first baseman Gaby Sanchez from Triple-A New Orleans for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the visiting Rays.
Sanchez was demoted to the minor leagues in mid-May after opening the 2012 regular season with a .197/.244/.295 batting line over his first 131 plate appearances. He hit .310/.494/.483 with three home runs and in 79 plate appearances down on the farm.
Sanchez will bat sixth and play first base Sunday versus Tampa Bay. The Fish are currently 31-28.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)