Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes word that the Marlins have recalled first baseman Gaby Sanchez from Triple-A New Orleans for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the visiting Rays.
Sanchez was demoted to the minor leagues in mid-May after opening the 2012 regular season with a .197/.244/.295 batting line over his first 131 plate appearances. He hit .310/.494/.483 with three home runs and in 79 plate appearances down on the farm.
Sanchez will bat sixth and play first base Sunday versus Tampa Bay. The Fish are currently 31-28.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)