Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes word that the Marlins have recalled first baseman Gaby Sanchez from Triple-A New Orleans for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the visiting Rays.
Sanchez was demoted to the minor leagues in mid-May after opening the 2012 regular season with a .197/.244/.295 batting line over his first 131 plate appearances. He hit .310/.494/.483 with three home runs and in 79 plate appearances down on the farm.
Sanchez will bat sixth and play first base Sunday versus Tampa Bay. The Fish are currently 31-28.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)