Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes word that the Marlins have recalled first baseman Gaby Sanchez from Triple-A New Orleans for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the visiting Rays.
Sanchez was demoted to the minor leagues in mid-May after opening the 2012 regular season with a .197/.244/.295 batting line over his first 131 plate appearances. He hit .310/.494/.483 with three home runs and in 79 plate appearances down on the farm.
Sanchez will bat sixth and play first base Sunday versus Tampa Bay. The Fish are currently 31-28.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (126)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)