Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes word that the Marlins have recalled first baseman Gaby Sanchez from Triple-A New Orleans for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the visiting Rays.
Sanchez was demoted to the minor leagues in mid-May after opening the 2012 regular season with a .197/.244/.295 batting line over his first 131 plate appearances. He hit .310/.494/.483 with three home runs and in 79 plate appearances down on the farm.
Sanchez will bat sixth and play first base Sunday versus Tampa Bay. The Fish are currently 31-28.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)