Jun 10, 2012, 9:02 AM EDT
The adversity continues to pile up in St. Louis.
It’s not a major injury and isn’t in danger of becoming one, but his absence is still a concern for a team with four fairly key offensive contributors (Lance Berkman, Jon Jay, Skip Schumaker and Matt Carpenter) currently on the disabled list. Not to mention ace Chris Carpenter and lefty Jaime Garcia.
Holliday is batting .276/.362/.458 with 10 homers and 35 RBI. He’ll presumably be back Tuesday.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)