Jun 10, 2012, 9:02 AM EDT
The adversity continues to pile up in St. Louis.
It’s not a major injury and isn’t in danger of becoming one, but his absence is still a concern for a team with four fairly key offensive contributors (Lance Berkman, Jon Jay, Skip Schumaker and Matt Carpenter) currently on the disabled list. Not to mention ace Chris Carpenter and lefty Jaime Garcia.
Holliday is batting .276/.362/.458 with 10 homers and 35 RBI. He’ll presumably be back Tuesday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)