Jun 10, 2012, 1:28 PM EDT
Mike Puma and George King III of the New York Post pass along this big-time update on the status of a particular unsigned Cuban defector:
According to an industry source, free agent outfielder Jorge Soler is expected to agree on a four-year deal before tomorrow.
Meaning negotiations are currently underway.
The Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers and Braves have been tied most frequently (and most recently) to the promising 20-year-old outfielder. While the Orioles, Phillies and White Sox have also been linked. Soler is expected to get at least $25 million guaranteed.
Baseball America described Soler recently as “one of Cuba’s up-and-coming young power hitters as a star on Cuba’s national junior circuit and on the junior national team.” He is a raw but intriguing talent.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)