Jun 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EST
It’s June 10 and the National League East-leading Nationals are showing no signs of a potential fade.
Gio Gonzalez allowed just three hits over 6 1/3 innings of two-run ball and first baseman Adam LaRoche hit his 10th home run of the season on Saturday afternoon as Washington rolled to its second consecutive victory over the Red Sox.
Gio now boasts a lights-out 2.35 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 89/30 K/BB ratio in 72 2/3 innings this year.
The Nats are 10-2 in games that Gonzalez has started and will enter Sunday’s series finale at Fenway Park with a one-game lead over the Braves in what might be baseball’s most competitive division.
Your Saturday box scores:
Phillies 4, Orioles 6 (12 innings)
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)