Jun 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
It’s June 10 and the National League East-leading Nationals are showing no signs of a potential fade.
Gio Gonzalez allowed just three hits over 6 1/3 innings of two-run ball and first baseman Adam LaRoche hit his 10th home run of the season on Saturday afternoon as Washington rolled to its second consecutive victory over the Red Sox.
Gio now boasts a lights-out 2.35 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 89/30 K/BB ratio in 72 2/3 innings this year.
The Nats are 10-2 in games that Gonzalez has started and will enter Sunday’s series finale at Fenway Park with a one-game lead over the Braves in what might be baseball’s most competitive division.
Your Saturday box scores:
Phillies 4, Orioles 6 (12 innings)
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)