Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Mike Cormack of Sportsnet.ca, Blue Jays manager John Farrell said that Morrow was in “considerable pain” and that the injury was “probably substantial.” It sounds like a DL-stint is likely in his future.
8:10 PM: Davidi reports that Morrow was diagnosed with a left oblique strain. He’s considered day-to-day right now, which suggests that the injury is minor, but we should know more on his status in the next couple of days.
7:40 PM: Bad news for the Blue Jays.
We should hear more on his status soon, but an oblique injury would likely mean a stint on the disabled list. Losing Morrow would be a tough break for Toronto, as the 27-year-old right-hander is off to the best start of his career. Sacrificing some velocity and strikeouts for the sake of improved command and control, he entered tonight’s action with a 2.92 ERA and 67/24 K/BB ratio in 12 starts. He also leads the majors with three shutouts.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)