Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Mike Cormack of Sportsnet.ca, Blue Jays manager John Farrell said that Morrow was in “considerable pain” and that the injury was “probably substantial.” It sounds like a DL-stint is likely in his future.
8:10 PM: Davidi reports that Morrow was diagnosed with a left oblique strain. He’s considered day-to-day right now, which suggests that the injury is minor, but we should know more on his status in the next couple of days.
7:40 PM: Bad news for the Blue Jays.
We should hear more on his status soon, but an oblique injury would likely mean a stint on the disabled list. Losing Morrow would be a tough break for Toronto, as the 27-year-old right-hander is off to the best start of his career. Sacrificing some velocity and strikeouts for the sake of improved command and control, he entered tonight’s action with a 2.92 ERA and 67/24 K/BB ratio in 12 starts. He also leads the majors with three shutouts.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)