Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
Jon Rauch didn’t have the best game ever yesterday. Indeed, he gave up a walkoff homer to Russell Martin and lost the game. It happens. It’s rough being a relief pitcher. You win some, you lose some, you save some.
But some alleged Mets fans don’t seem to allow for that, and they are filling up Rauch’s Twitter feed with heinous hate and all manner of obscenity. A few that Rauch himself chose to retweet, which I have edited somewhat for cleaner consumption:
@jrauch60 you f****n suck.Leave the mets and give back the money they’re paying you.You’re pathetic and a poor excuse for a human being
@jrauch60 not to be a dick, but please mysteriously claim to need elbow surgery and give the money we blew on u back and retire. Thanks.
@jrauch60is a six-foot-eleven inch piece of s***. How can you be that big and be 100% p***y? YOU F*****G SUCK YOU F*****G LOSER! RETIRE
@jrauch60 I hope u have suicidal thoughts Dont act on them though. You’re a terrible reliever.ushould hang em up. Choke on food not in games
Twitter holds the promise of being able to interact with people with whom you’d never get to interact. Like athletes, politicians and celebrities. But because some people are awful, twisted and sick, don’t be surprised to see fewer athletes, politicians and celebrities willing to subject themselves to this crap.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)