Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
Jon Rauch didn’t have the best game ever yesterday. Indeed, he gave up a walkoff homer to Russell Martin and lost the game. It happens. It’s rough being a relief pitcher. You win some, you lose some, you save some.
But some alleged Mets fans don’t seem to allow for that, and they are filling up Rauch’s Twitter feed with heinous hate and all manner of obscenity. A few that Rauch himself chose to retweet, which I have edited somewhat for cleaner consumption:
@jrauch60 you f****n suck.Leave the mets and give back the money they’re paying you.You’re pathetic and a poor excuse for a human being
@jrauch60 not to be a dick, but please mysteriously claim to need elbow surgery and give the money we blew on u back and retire. Thanks.
@jrauch60is a six-foot-eleven inch piece of s***. How can you be that big and be 100% p***y? YOU F*****G SUCK YOU F*****G LOSER! RETIRE
@jrauch60 I hope u have suicidal thoughts Dont act on them though. You’re a terrible reliever.ushould hang em up. Choke on food not in games
Twitter holds the promise of being able to interact with people with whom you’d never get to interact. Like athletes, politicians and celebrities. But because some people are awful, twisted and sick, don’t be surprised to see fewer athletes, politicians and celebrities willing to subject themselves to this crap.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)