Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
Jon Rauch didn’t have the best game ever yesterday. Indeed, he gave up a walkoff homer to Russell Martin and lost the game. It happens. It’s rough being a relief pitcher. You win some, you lose some, you save some.
But some alleged Mets fans don’t seem to allow for that, and they are filling up Rauch’s Twitter feed with heinous hate and all manner of obscenity. A few that Rauch himself chose to retweet, which I have edited somewhat for cleaner consumption:
@jrauch60 you f****n suck.Leave the mets and give back the money they’re paying you.You’re pathetic and a poor excuse for a human being
@jrauch60 not to be a dick, but please mysteriously claim to need elbow surgery and give the money we blew on u back and retire. Thanks.
@jrauch60is a six-foot-eleven inch piece of s***. How can you be that big and be 100% p***y? YOU F*****G SUCK YOU F*****G LOSER! RETIRE
@jrauch60 I hope u have suicidal thoughts Dont act on them though. You’re a terrible reliever.ushould hang em up. Choke on food not in games
Twitter holds the promise of being able to interact with people with whom you’d never get to interact. Like athletes, politicians and celebrities. But because some people are awful, twisted and sick, don’t be surprised to see fewer athletes, politicians and celebrities willing to subject themselves to this crap.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)