Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
Jon Rauch didn’t have the best game ever yesterday. Indeed, he gave up a walkoff homer to Russell Martin and lost the game. It happens. It’s rough being a relief pitcher. You win some, you lose some, you save some.
But some alleged Mets fans don’t seem to allow for that, and they are filling up Rauch’s Twitter feed with heinous hate and all manner of obscenity. A few that Rauch himself chose to retweet, which I have edited somewhat for cleaner consumption:
@jrauch60 you f****n suck.Leave the mets and give back the money they’re paying you.You’re pathetic and a poor excuse for a human being
@jrauch60 not to be a dick, but please mysteriously claim to need elbow surgery and give the money we blew on u back and retire. Thanks.
@jrauch60is a six-foot-eleven inch piece of s***. How can you be that big and be 100% p***y? YOU F*****G SUCK YOU F*****G LOSER! RETIRE
@jrauch60 I hope u have suicidal thoughts Dont act on them though. You’re a terrible reliever.ushould hang em up. Choke on food not in games
Twitter holds the promise of being able to interact with people with whom you’d never get to interact. Like athletes, politicians and celebrities. But because some people are awful, twisted and sick, don’t be surprised to see fewer athletes, politicians and celebrities willing to subject themselves to this crap.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)