Jun 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
He’ll move down a level to Double-A for his third tune-up outing tomorrow night and if things go well he could be on the verge of joining the Rangers’ rotation, especially with Derek Holland on the disabled list and fill-in Alexi Ogando now sidelined by a groin injury.
When he signed with the Rangers last month Oswalt indicated that he’d likely need four starts in the minors to get ready, but if Ogando joins Holland and Neftali Feliz on the DL the Rangers may be tempted to push up that timetable a bit.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)