Jun 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
He’ll move down a level to Double-A for his third tune-up outing tomorrow night and if things go well he could be on the verge of joining the Rangers’ rotation, especially with Derek Holland on the disabled list and fill-in Alexi Ogando now sidelined by a groin injury.
When he signed with the Rangers last month Oswalt indicated that he’d likely need four starts in the minors to get ready, but if Ogando joins Holland and Neftali Feliz on the DL the Rangers may be tempted to push up that timetable a bit.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)