Jun 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
He’ll move down a level to Double-A for his third tune-up outing tomorrow night and if things go well he could be on the verge of joining the Rangers’ rotation, especially with Derek Holland on the disabled list and fill-in Alexi Ogando now sidelined by a groin injury.
When he signed with the Rangers last month Oswalt indicated that he’d likely need four starts in the minors to get ready, but if Ogando joins Holland and Neftali Feliz on the DL the Rangers may be tempted to push up that timetable a bit.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 34
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 47
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105