Jun 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
He’ll move down a level to Double-A for his third tune-up outing tomorrow night and if things go well he could be on the verge of joining the Rangers’ rotation, especially with Derek Holland on the disabled list and fill-in Alexi Ogando now sidelined by a groin injury.
When he signed with the Rangers last month Oswalt indicated that he’d likely need four starts in the minors to get ready, but if Ogando joins Holland and Neftali Feliz on the DL the Rangers may be tempted to push up that timetable a bit.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 0
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)