Jun 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s been nine weeks, but the cases-in-chief of both the prosecution and the defense are over, with the defense resting its case about ten minutes ago.
Still not completely over: the prosecution will have a rebuttal case which is expected to take a half day — hopefully this afternoon will be it — and the judge has told each side that he wants closing arguments tomorrow. Then the case goes to the jury which, hopefully, will be able to reach a verdict this week. I say hopefully because I’m going on vacation next week and I doubt Aaron wants to deal with boring legal crap.
Anyway, the upshot is that this thing is almost over.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)