Jun 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s been nine weeks, but the cases-in-chief of both the prosecution and the defense are over, with the defense resting its case about ten minutes ago.
Still not completely over: the prosecution will have a rebuttal case which is expected to take a half day — hopefully this afternoon will be it — and the judge has told each side that he wants closing arguments tomorrow. Then the case goes to the jury which, hopefully, will be able to reach a verdict this week. I say hopefully because I’m going on vacation next week and I doubt Aaron wants to deal with boring legal crap.
Anyway, the upshot is that this thing is almost over.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)