Jun 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s been nine weeks, but the cases-in-chief of both the prosecution and the defense are over, with the defense resting its case about ten minutes ago.
Still not completely over: the prosecution will have a rebuttal case which is expected to take a half day — hopefully this afternoon will be it — and the judge has told each side that he wants closing arguments tomorrow. Then the case goes to the jury which, hopefully, will be able to reach a verdict this week. I say hopefully because I’m going on vacation next week and I doubt Aaron wants to deal with boring legal crap.
Anyway, the upshot is that this thing is almost over.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)