Jun 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s been nine weeks, but the cases-in-chief of both the prosecution and the defense are over, with the defense resting its case about ten minutes ago.
Still not completely over: the prosecution will have a rebuttal case which is expected to take a half day — hopefully this afternoon will be it — and the judge has told each side that he wants closing arguments tomorrow. Then the case goes to the jury which, hopefully, will be able to reach a verdict this week. I say hopefully because I’m going on vacation next week and I doubt Aaron wants to deal with boring legal crap.
Anyway, the upshot is that this thing is almost over.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)