Jun 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
It’s been nine weeks, but the cases-in-chief of both the prosecution and the defense are over, with the defense resting its case about ten minutes ago.
Still not completely over: the prosecution will have a rebuttal case which is expected to take a half day — hopefully this afternoon will be it — and the judge has told each side that he wants closing arguments tomorrow. Then the case goes to the jury which, hopefully, will be able to reach a verdict this week. I say hopefully because I’m going on vacation next week and I doubt Aaron wants to deal with boring legal crap.
Anyway, the upshot is that this thing is almost over.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)