Jun 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Cubs got him.
That leaves the Cubs and Yankees as the front runners. Today Jon Heyman said the Blue Jays were “said” to be interested too. There was some chatter about the Braves being in on Soler last week, but really, Liberty Media needs seventeen meetings and a feasibility study to decide if it’s going to go with regular or splurge for heavy weight paper for its letterhead, so I kinda doubt that the Braves will spend the $25 million Soler is expected to command.
Also: will someone affiliated with the AP, Getty or Reuters please track this guy down and take his picture? I’m sorta tired of going with the Cuban flag.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 142
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)