Jun 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Cubs got him.
That leaves the Cubs and Yankees as the front runners. Today Jon Heyman said the Blue Jays were “said” to be interested too. There was some chatter about the Braves being in on Soler last week, but really, Liberty Media needs seventeen meetings and a feasibility study to decide if it’s going to go with regular or splurge for heavy weight paper for its letterhead, so I kinda doubt that the Braves will spend the $25 million Soler is expected to command.
Also: will someone affiliated with the AP, Getty or Reuters please track this guy down and take his picture? I’m sorta tired of going with the Cuban flag.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)