Jun 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
UPDATE: The Cubs got him.
That leaves the Cubs and Yankees as the front runners. Today Jon Heyman said the Blue Jays were “said” to be interested too. There was some chatter about the Braves being in on Soler last week, but really, Liberty Media needs seventeen meetings and a feasibility study to decide if it’s going to go with regular or splurge for heavy weight paper for its letterhead, so I kinda doubt that the Braves will spend the $25 million Soler is expected to command.
Also: will someone affiliated with the AP, Getty or Reuters please track this guy down and take his picture? I’m sorta tired of going with the Cuban flag.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)