Jun 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Cubs got him.
That leaves the Cubs and Yankees as the front runners. Today Jon Heyman said the Blue Jays were “said” to be interested too. There was some chatter about the Braves being in on Soler last week, but really, Liberty Media needs seventeen meetings and a feasibility study to decide if it’s going to go with regular or splurge for heavy weight paper for its letterhead, so I kinda doubt that the Braves will spend the $25 million Soler is expected to command.
Also: will someone affiliated with the AP, Getty or Reuters please track this guy down and take his picture? I’m sorta tired of going with the Cuban flag.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)