Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Rays began play in 1998. But that’s not stopping them from going with 1979 throwbacks later this season.
According to Sportslogos.net, they will wear “faux-back” uniforms with 1970s-style design elements, including pullover jerseys, thick stripes on the sleeves, a 70s-style script for the team name and a cap with an alternate colored front-panel. No word on whether they are 1970s-tight, but we can only hope.
There are no pics yet, but I’m sure the look will be good/bad in the way that only 1970s double knits can be.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32