Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
The Tampa Bay Rays began play in 1998. But that’s not stopping them from going with 1979 throwbacks later this season.
According to Sportslogos.net, they will wear “faux-back” uniforms with 1970s-style design elements, including pullover jerseys, thick stripes on the sleeves, a 70s-style script for the team name and a cap with an alternate colored front-panel. No word on whether they are 1970s-tight, but we can only hope.
There are no pics yet, but I’m sure the look will be good/bad in the way that only 1970s double knits can be.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)