Jun 12, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
A woman named Suzanne Peirce was minding her own business when, according to the complaint she recently filed, she was attacked by the Phillie Phanatic, who picked her up and threw her into a hotel pool:
Peirce claims she hurt just about everything in the incident, including suffering “severe and permanent injuries to her head, neck, back, body, arms and legs, bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and tissues …” and more. The pool did have water in it, attorney Aaron Denker said, though Peirce was tossed in the shallow end.
The plaintiff says that she has spent a lot of money on medicine and medical attention and that she has suffered from “humiliation and loss of life’s pleasures.”
Her lawyer mentions that she’s a Phillies fan, but after reading the stuff about “humiliation and loss of life’s pleasures,” I figured that went without saying.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)