Jun 12, 2012, 5:55 AM EDT
Yankees 3, Braves 0: Ivan Nova shut out Atlanta for seven innings and four relievers handled the last two. Atlanta didn’t even get a runner to third base all night. The Yankees have won four in a row, nine of 11 and are now tied for first place in the AL East.
Nationals 6, Blue Jays 3: And the Nats take advantage of the Braves loss to extend their lead in the NL East. Bryce Harper had three hits and drove in a run. Adam LaRoche hit a two-run homer. The big news here, though, was Brandon Morrow leaving after just nine pitches with an oblique injury.
Marlins 4, Red Sox 1: Miami finally wins one after a six-game losing streak. Meanwhile, Boston loses another. Seventh time in eight games, actually.
Angels 3, Dodgers 2: The Dodgers jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first with help from a bad pickoff throw at the second that Mike Trout made worse when trying to field it in center. But Trout homered in the fourth, singled in a run in the sixth and Pujols won the sucker with an RBI single — scoring Trout — in the ninth. Trout is on pace to score approximately 1,349,593 runs this season. Approximately.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)