Jun 12, 2012, 5:55 AM EDT
Yankees 3, Braves 0: Ivan Nova shut out Atlanta for seven innings and four relievers handled the last two. Atlanta didn’t even get a runner to third base all night. The Yankees have won four in a row, nine of 11 and are now tied for first place in the AL East.
Nationals 6, Blue Jays 3: And the Nats take advantage of the Braves loss to extend their lead in the NL East. Bryce Harper had three hits and drove in a run. Adam LaRoche hit a two-run homer. The big news here, though, was Brandon Morrow leaving after just nine pitches with an oblique injury.
Marlins 4, Red Sox 1: Miami finally wins one after a six-game losing streak. Meanwhile, Boston loses another. Seventh time in eight games, actually.
Angels 3, Dodgers 2: The Dodgers jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first with help from a bad pickoff throw at the second that Mike Trout made worse when trying to field it in center. But Trout homered in the fourth, singled in a run in the sixth and Pujols won the sucker with an RBI single — scoring Trout — in the ninth. Trout is on pace to score approximately 1,349,593 runs this season. Approximately.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 54
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)