Jun 12, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Tests taken Tuesday afternoon on Brandon Morrow‘s left oblique confirmed what pretty much everyone expected: he has a strain, and is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday.
This according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
Morrow suffered the injury just nine pitches into his outing Monday night against the Nationals. He seems likely to miss at least three weeks, and could be out for over a month if the strain is at all severe.
The 27-year-old righty has posted a superb 3.01 ERA and 1.00 WHIP ratio in 77 2/3 innings this season.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte