Jun 12, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Tests taken Tuesday afternoon on Brandon Morrow‘s left oblique confirmed what pretty much everyone expected: he has a strain, and is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday.
This according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
Morrow suffered the injury just nine pitches into his outing Monday night against the Nationals. He seems likely to miss at least three weeks, and could be out for over a month if the strain is at all severe.
The 27-year-old righty has posted a superb 3.01 ERA and 1.00 WHIP ratio in 77 2/3 innings this season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)