Jun 12, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Tests taken Tuesday afternoon on Brandon Morrow‘s left oblique confirmed what pretty much everyone expected: he has a strain, and is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday.
This according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
Morrow suffered the injury just nine pitches into his outing Monday night against the Nationals. He seems likely to miss at least three weeks, and could be out for over a month if the strain is at all severe.
The 27-year-old righty has posted a superb 3.01 ERA and 1.00 WHIP ratio in 77 2/3 innings this season.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)