Jun 12, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Tests taken Tuesday afternoon on Brandon Morrow‘s left oblique confirmed what pretty much everyone expected: he has a strain, and is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday.
This according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
Morrow suffered the injury just nine pitches into his outing Monday night against the Nationals. He seems likely to miss at least three weeks, and could be out for over a month if the strain is at all severe.
The 27-year-old righty has posted a superb 3.01 ERA and 1.00 WHIP ratio in 77 2/3 innings this season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)