Jun 12, 2012, 8:39 PM EST
Tests taken Tuesday afternoon on Brandon Morrow‘s left oblique confirmed what pretty much everyone expected: he has a strain, and is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday.
This according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
Morrow suffered the injury just nine pitches into his outing Monday night against the Nationals. He seems likely to miss at least three weeks, and could be out for over a month if the strain is at all severe.
The 27-year-old righty has posted a superb 3.01 ERA and 1.00 WHIP ratio in 77 2/3 innings this season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)