Jun 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum has registered an ugly 6.94 ERA in two starts this month and owns a 6.00 overall ERA this season, but San Francisco management is not going to tweak his schedule, or make up a phantom injury or anything like that.
Via the San Jose Mercury News‘ Alex Pavlovic:
Bochy met with Sabean today and discussed Lincecum, but won’t skip a start. “Right now, best thing is to keep throwing Timmy out there.”
— Alex Pavlovic (@AlexPavlovic) June 12, 2012
“The Freak” is scheduled to face the Mariners next time out. They were batting just .233/.296/.375 entering Tuesday’s action, so it’s a potential confidence-booster for Lincecum. Then again, it may be the opposite.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)