Jun 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum has registered an ugly 6.94 ERA in two starts this month and owns a 6.00 overall ERA this season, but San Francisco management is not going to tweak his schedule, or make up a phantom injury or anything like that.
Via the San Jose Mercury News‘ Alex Pavlovic:
Bochy met with Sabean today and discussed Lincecum, but won’t skip a start. “Right now, best thing is to keep throwing Timmy out there.”
— Alex Pavlovic (@AlexPavlovic) June 12, 2012
“The Freak” is scheduled to face the Mariners next time out. They were batting just .233/.296/.375 entering Tuesday’s action, so it’s a potential confidence-booster for Lincecum. Then again, it may be the opposite.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas