Jun 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum has registered an ugly 6.94 ERA in two starts this month and owns a 6.00 overall ERA this season, but San Francisco management is not going to tweak his schedule, or make up a phantom injury or anything like that.
Via the San Jose Mercury News‘ Alex Pavlovic:
Bochy met with Sabean today and discussed Lincecum, but won’t skip a start. “Right now, best thing is to keep throwing Timmy out there.”
— Alex Pavlovic (@AlexPavlovic) June 12, 2012
“The Freak” is scheduled to face the Mariners next time out. They were batting just .233/.296/.375 entering Tuesday’s action, so it’s a potential confidence-booster for Lincecum. Then again, it may be the opposite.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 30
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 45
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)